Sunday, September 26, 2010

Scrapfest!

A little over a week ago I attended my 4th Scrapfest at the Mall of America. The first year I went, I only did the make and takes, which was fun, but meant a TON of standing in line. The last 3 years I have taken 4 classes, which has really added to the fun! This year I took the Key to Creativity workshop with Tim Holtz,Playful Pages by Dear Lizzy, Olivia Stationary Box with Bo Bunny, and The Power of Glimmer Mini Album. I was there all day Friday and for a few hours on Saturday. Friday was the day I took my classes and I thought it would be the only day I would get to go, but on Saturday Rick surprised me by suggesting that I could go back if I brought Will. So I stood in line and did some make and takes on Saturday. Will was a perfect angel and slept most of the time! Over the two days I was able to do 11 make and takes.

Here is the book we made in the Tim Holtz class.


At the end of class he surprised us by telling us we would get to keep the inks and paint that we used in class and would also be receiving a pack of Grungeboard and some new Texture Fades (embossing folders)!

Here are the layouts we made in the Dear Lizzy class. We actually only got started on these in class. They sent directions home with us and I finished them today while "watching" football.

There were also quite a few leftovers from this class as well!

Here is a card I made today after I completed the layout with some of the scraps.

We only had time to make the box part of this project in class, but it took less than an hour to add the details and make the cards once I got home.

I haven't finished my Glimmer Mist album yet. In fact, it will probably be a while until I do. I want to get a few of the colors we used in class and I need to decide what I am going to use for pictures in it.

Finally, I did this card for the Go Green challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to make a project using only cardstock, no patterned paper. I used some leftover cardstock from a layout a made about a week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment