Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesday #21


Another fabulous sketch has been revealed at Frosted Designs! I made a layout for my son's baby book- that makes 6 layouts and he is 13 months old!! Guess I need to get working on that...

I loved the big circle on this one, but wasn't sure what to use to make it. I decided to use the Echo Park "Little Boy" collection. I cut the car paper into the smaller circle. First I used some yellow spray ink and tried to make a masked circle, but that did not show up enough. Then I drew a large circle, but that was a little to stark. I went over the circle with my sewing machine, which helped. Finally I decided to add the buttons to fill in the circle. I am very happy with how it turned out! For the title I used my "Zooballoo" Cricut cartridge. The "welcome" is a cut on the cartridge, however it has some birds and a nest on top of it, so after I cut it out, I just clipped those off the top! For the texture in the corners I used some dry embossing folders. I clamped the folder around the corner of the paper and then rolled over it with my brayer so it left an uneven, light impression. The cardstock I used is Core' dinations so it has a colored core. After I embossed the paper, I sanded it to expose the core.


No comments:

Post a Comment