Sunday, March 4, 2012

Scrapbooking Your Faith: Life Verse

Our first assignment for "Scrapbooking Your Faith" was to choose a "life verse" and make a layout around that verse. I chose a couple of verse from Proverbs 31. A few years ago, my friends and I read and discussed the book "Graced and Gifted" by Kimberley Hahn. It is a wonderful book that breaks down Proverbs 31 and applies it to the life of a homemaker. As I was looking for a life verse I was reminded of what I learned and what good instruction this chapter is. I ended up selecting two verses from this chapter as my life verse: 25 and 30. The part of verse 25 that I really need to remember is "and she laughs at the days to come," meaning that we should regard the future with joy and excitement, not anxiety. As a worrier, I need to be reminded of this frequently. Verse 30 is a good reminder of what is really important when taking care of and developing ourselves. I chose to use a photo of my Bible and rosary because they are important symbols of what should be guiding me in my life.

The design of this page was based off of Courtney's directions because I really wanted to focus on the message.

1 comment: