Thursday, March 29, 2012

Scrapbooking Your Faith: Prayer Board

The second assignment for week 3 of Scrapbooking Your Faith was to make a prayer board to be put up somewhere in your home. Courtney suggested using a cork square, which come in 12x12. I again used Bsaic Grey "Porcelain" papers for this. The soft colors and patterns lend themselves well to this subject and the green goes well with the green in my kitchen which is where this will be hung.

For the green lace, I didn't have any that matched my colors and the "white" lace I have seems to have some stains on it, so I took my Distress Ink pad in Forest Moss and pressed it on the lace. I sprayed that with water to spread the ink. Then I took another green ink pad and pressed that in a few spots to add a little variation in color. I again sprayed it to spread the ink.


For the word "Pray," I used the font on my "Botanicals" Lite Cricut cartridge. The background papers are attached to the cork with staples and everything else is attached as it normally would be on a paper layout.

My plan is to have post-its available to write our prayer requests on. These will be placed on the board. Part of the process was to also have a way to see that prayers are being answered. I haven't decided yet what our process will be for that yet. I plan to get a 12x12 frame to place this in and then hang it in my kitchen.

By the way, the cork comes in packs of 4 so if anyone is interested in a square (or 2 or 3), let me know, I will get it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment