Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sketch Saturday and Play Date Cafe- Thanks

For my card today I used this week's sketch from Sketch Saturday. I also used the color combo from The Play Date Cafe. I have never participated there before because I struggle starting with a color scheme when it comes to layouts (I like to go off of my photos), but it helped give me some direction for my card.



The green patterned paper and the paper in the leftmost panel are some scraps of paper that I bought a few years ago in the Target $1 Spot. The center panel is cardstock that I dry embossed and then rubbed some Weathered Wood Distress ink over it using my blending tool. I used the "Cindy Loo" cartridge for the sentiment (I didn't even realize there were sentiments on this cartridge until this morning when I was flipping through the book!) and the "Botanicals" Lite cartridge for the ferns.

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete