Monday, May 7, 2012

Nuts About Sketches #212

A new sketch was revealed this morning at Nuts About Sketches. I used it to scrap some pictures of Rick from his birthday a year and a half ago. I also made it into a pocket page to hold his cards. I stuck pretty close to the sketch. I used lots of "masculine" patterns and distressed and inked the edges of all the layers to add some texture.


I covered a chipboard tag with patterned paper, splattered some spray ink on it and then layered some die cut stars over it.

I also did this layout with the first May issue challenge at Club CK in mind: create a project using staples. I stapled the ribbon and made an "x" with staples on the red star in the top left corner.

Finally, Shawn posted some bonus sketches at Nuts About Sketches last week, and they are awesome! You can check them out here.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye, Bo Bunny, October Afternoon
Stickers- Bo Bunny
Chipboard- Oriental Trading Company
Button, star- Bo Bunny
Ribbon- Robin's Nest, Making Memories
Ink- Clearsnap
Pen- Sharpie, Marvy
Spray Ink- Creative Imaginations
Die Cutter- Cricut
Cartridges- Makin the Grade, Cricut Classic Font
Punch- Marvy

No comments:

Post a Comment