Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Little Miracle :)

I have a new layout to share, it is also a bit of an announcement. :)

 Yes, I am pregnant! These ultrasound pictures are from 7 weeks ago, I am due January 24th, 2013! I did this layout for a couple of challenges.

 The first was Challenge #2 for the My Scraps Got Talent contest.  The challenge was to use the sketch below and do some distressing.  I turned the sketch and added another photo.  For the distressing, I roughed up and inked some of my paper edges and spray and splattered some ink.
The other challenge was at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  The prompt this month was "created beauty."  There is nothing more beautiful than new life, so I thought it was a good time to get these ultrasound images scrapped.  Here is a close up of my journaling so you can get a better idea of our journey to this pregnancy.

The other part of that challenge was to include some stitching on your layout.  I ran a zig zag stitch down the edge of my pink paper to tie it together with the other papers. For the two large hearts, I used embossed grungeboard that I first colored with white Distress stain and then inked with green and blue Distress Ink to accent the embossing.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- KI Memories, Creative Imaginations, Paper Adventures, Provo Craft
Punches- EK Success, McGill, Marvy
Paint- Ranger
Ink- Tsukineko, Ranger
Spray Ink- Studio Calico, Tattered Angels\
Rub ons- American Crafts, Colorbok
Die Cutter- Cricut
Cartridge- New Arrival
Sticker- American Crafts
Journal spot- Jillibean Soup
Pens- Sharpie, Marvy
Grungeboard- Advantus
Tags- EK Success

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jessica! Your layout certainly fits the challenge of created beauty and is lovely to boot. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles and I pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your very exciting news! I can't think of anything more precious about God's creation to be scrapping about. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jessica...what awesome news...and what a perfect thing to scrap about for our challenge. Love your layout and am so happy you joined us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your pregnancy and I agree 100% life is a beautiful thing :) Thank you for sharing your news and page with us over at SEM. This is a lovely page!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! What a wonderful thing to scrap... I love how you used the first Ultra Sound pics... the layout is really wonderful and so meets the challenge! Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at SEM!

    ReplyDelete