Monday, July 9, 2012

Nuts About Sketches #220

Hi all!  Today is Monday and that means a new sketch at Nuts About Sketches!  This week we have a sketch with space for a 5x7 photo. I decided to use Ellie's class photo from preschool this past year. I'm really glad I got this one scrapped now because I still remembered everyone's name! I used mostly Bo Bunny Learning Curve papers and stickers on this one. For the side strips, I decided to fussy cut the book stacks from a sheet of patterned paper. Can you believe Rick called me crazy when he saw me carefully cutting out those books?! Yeah, me too, in fact that was my initial thought when the idea came to me, but I am glad I decided to do it! I also used the book paper for the striped strips.
I found a font that matched the words on my patterned paper for the names underneath the photo (which I have blurred, but you can see it in the words "front row", "second row" and "back row".

There is a design team call currently out for Nuts About Sketches for the September through February term. You can check it out here.

Materials:
Patterned Paper and Stickers- Bo Bunny
Cardstock- Close to My Heart
Rub Ons- Scrap Works
Ink- Clearsnap
Buttons- Oriental Trading Company, Jesse James Co., Rusty Pickle
Gromlet- We R Memory Keepers
Font- Century Schoolbook

No comments:

Post a Comment