Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dakota County Wins

I completed another layout last week for the My Scraps Got Talent II contest. This time it was the first Pre-Contest Challenge. The challenge was to use the sketch below and also use some paints or mists on the layout.

 I did another layout with ribbons I won at the fair in 2010. I usually really struggle to make these layouts work, but the challenges at My Scraps have really helped me!  To make the rays on the background cardstock, I cut an old bag into strips to make the mask.  I sprayed that over the plain cardstock.  I dried that with my heat gun and then attached the white patterned paper.  Then I splattered some blue mist over that.  
I also played a bit with the Scor Pal board I bought a couple of months ago at a garage sale. I made both of the yellow medallion flowers. I am really happy with how they turned out and they were pretty easy to make with the Scor Pal so I think they will be appearing on more of my projects!

Materials:
Cardstock- Stampin Up
Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye
Die Cuts- My Mind's Eye, K and Company
Brads- Doodlebug
Tape- Target
Rubons- We R Memory Keepers
Ink- Ranger, Studio Calico, Tattered Angels
Stickers- Basic Grey, other
Pen- Tsukineko

No comments:

Post a Comment