Monday, September 17, 2012

Scrapfest Projects

On Thursday night, a friend and I attended one the the "Kick Off Crops" for Scrapfest at the Mall of America.  In six hours, I managed to complete a layout and a card and get a pretty good start on another layout.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but we also got some dinner and did some shopping.

My first layout I did for the "Health" class challenge for the Back 2 Class Crop at My Scraps and More. For each letter of the word "BODY" you need to have an item that starts with that letter.

 I decided to use these photos of my friends and me and our babies who were born two years ago. For the letters of the word "body" I used:
B- buttons
O- October Afternoon
D- Die Cut Paper
Y- Yarn (it's twine really, but close enough)

When I was packing for the crop, I forgot to pack much for cardstock, so I had to dig a bit for background paper.  I ended up selecting this wood paper by October Afternoon that was included in my "goodie bag" for the night.

Materials:
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, Doodlebug Designs, Creative Imaginations
Die cut paper- KI Memories
Journaling Spot- Echo Park
Tape- Target
Brads- Oriental Trading Company
Punch- Marvy
Twine- Pink Paislee
Chipboard- KI Memories, Basic Grey
Ink- Prima, Ranger
Pens- Marvy, Sakura
Stickers- EK Success, October Afternoon, Me and My Big Ideas
Buttons- Fancy Pants Designs, Jesse James
Rub ons- Colorbok

Next I made this card for Rick since his birthday was the next day.  Also included in my goodie bag was a 6x6 pad of Jillibean Soup Country Pumpkin Chowder.  I pulled the green background paper from that and pulled the rest from my scraps.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Jillibean Soup, Scenic Route
Stamps- Close To My Heart
Trim- The Robin's Nest
Ink- Ranger

Finally, I started this layout with less than an hour left in the crop.  One of the things I bought on my shopping excursion was the "Harvest Lane" collection by Simple Stories.  I have been wanting to pick up this collection since I laid eyes on it when they revealed it before CHA.  I am not disappointed!  The colors are fabulous and I love all the bits and pieces that can be cut out to make creating a page super quick and easy!  

I did this layout for the "Lunch" challenge for the Back 2 Class Crop at My Scraps and More.  So, for those who are keeping track, I managed to complete the recess, health and lunch challenges... Guess I'm not as ambitious as I was when I was really in school!  The challenge was to make a layout about food.  I figured Thanksgiving was a good subject for this!  

The papers are all Simple Stories, but I pulled embellishments from several different places.  The epoxy heart is from some stickers I've had for a few years and the metal flower was also from my goodie bag.  I changed the color of the the flower using some alcohol inks.  
I had a lot of fun at the crop and at Scrapfest in general.  I will be writing another post soon about that, so keep an eye out!

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Simple Stories
Ink- Ranger
Stckers- Simple Stories, K and Company, Karen Foster Designs
Metal Flower- Momenta
Flowers- Prima
Eyelets- Making Memories
Gems- Hero Arts
Glimmer Glass- Tattered Angels
Journal Tag- Pink Paislee
Trim- Making Memories
Die Cutter- Cricut
Cartridge- Walk In My Garden
Punch- Martha Stewart Crafts
Rub On- Pink Paislee
Collage- Scrapbooks Etc. Quick Collage #212

No comments:

Post a Comment