Friday, December 28, 2012

20 Weeks

This is the first layout I've done (other than calendar pages) in a long time!  I had so much fun playing on this one.  I used some of the images from my 20 week ultrasound, which was 3 1/2 months ago!

I started with sketch #95 from Sketches in Thyme. I worked in the stitched circles from the 12/21/12 scrap(find) challenge at My Scraps and More. Finally, I also was able to work in the 3rd day of Christmas challenge from Frosted Designs: use three inks, mists, or paints.

As you can see, I stuck pretty close to the sketch, except that I used rectangular photos instead of square ones. It was pretty easy to incorporate the scrap(find) challenge since there was a large circle element in the sketch.

The large circle element also allowed me to play with my new Inkadinkadoo Stamping Gear. I used the circles stamp included in the kit and first stamped it in pink, then flipped the paddle and stamped it in black. I am excited to play with this more! The third ink that I used (for the Frosted Designs challenge) was Weathered Wood Distress Ink around the edges of my papers.

For my title letters, I had these chipboard letters that punched out of chipboard squares.  I didn't have an 's' or two 'e's', but I had the squares that they punched out of.  I cut around the letters to leave a border, glued those frames to patterned paper and then cut them out.  I filled in the letters with Glossy Accents and then pressed beads into them.  I know I saw this idea some time ago in a magazine, so I cannot take credit for it, but this is the first chance I've had to use it, and I am happy with the results!

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon and Echo Park
Chipboard- Lil Davis Designs
Ink- Ranger, Colorbox, American Crafts
Stamp- EK Success
Rub Ons- American Crafts
Sticker- Hambly
Vellum- K and Company
Beads- Me and My Big Ideas
Journaling card- October Afternoon
Pen- Zig, Provo Craft
Twine- Pink Paislee
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- All Mixed Up
Glitter Glue, Liquid Pearls, Glossy Accents- Ranger

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful memory! I loved the images of ultrasound. Thank you for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme!
    Happy New Year!
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! What a gorgeous layout...such special memories to treasure forever. Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.
    Mel - Design Team Maven, Sketches in Thyme
    melsmetime.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout- what a special memory. I love the lettering you used- so whimsical. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme this week!
    Hugs!
    Heather P :)

    www.heather-p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to showcase those precious photos, LOVE your fun title work. Thanks for playing along at Sketches In Thyme! ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm so glad you got scrappy with us, Jessica! And what perfect pics to create a page with! You're probably holding a little one, in your arms, by now. So, a HUGE congratulations to you! Enjoy every moment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete