Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy Birthday 2 U

I have a new layout to share today! It is a two-pager that I did for a few challenges.  I started with this sketch from Sketches In Thyme:

My Scraps and More is hosting a One Little Word crop with challenges inspired by single words.  I decided to take on the {happy} challenge, which was to use the word "happy" in the title of the page and use something on the page that makes you happy.  I've had these photos of Addy's second birthday sitting around for a while and I thought this was the perfect chance to scrap them.  

Finally, the current "workout" at ScrapFit is to use stars on a layout. I cut my stars using Sure Cuts A Lot and cut each one "normal" in white and "shadow" in black.  I popped them up with foam tape and then drew around them with glue and sprinkled pink American Crafts Spark glitter over the glue.  To help prevent it from shedding I went over the glitter with some Glossy Accents. 

Because the space between my photos was so wide, I machine stitched lines through them the add interest.  I used some OLD papers on this one, but that's what worked with these photos.  I had a lot of fun digging through my stash and finding items that worked for the color scheme I was going for.  

Materials:
Cardstock- The Paper Company, American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Robin's Nest, Die Cuts With a View
Stickers- Creative Imaginations, Michaels
Gromlet- We R Memory Keepers
Gems- Prima, Hero Arts, Recollections
Pen- Sharpie
Thread- Coats and  Clark
Chipboard- Pink Paislee
Glitter- American Crafts
Tape- K and Company
Rub on- Colorbok
Font- Boyz R Gross
Software- Sure Cuts A Lot
Ink- Colorbox

6 comments:

  1. Great use of the stars! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on all the bday photos!!! way to go!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating in the challenge sketch of SIT ...... Beautiful photos!
    kisses
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Your layout is wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great birthday layout! Thanks for playing along at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling page! LOVE all the bits of shimmer and shine! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete