Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Feel the Love: January

I have decided to have one of my goals for this year to be to participate in the "I Feel the Love" project each month.  Madison from "Funky Cards" finds a person or group of people to make cards for each month to help raise the spirits of those who are going through a difficult time or just need a little uplifting.

This month the project is twofold: the first part is to make Valentines for the children who were saved by the brave actions of Ms. Victoria Soto during the Newtown shootings, the second is to make sympathy cards for her family.

I decided to make a Valentine and combine it with the scrap{find} challenge at My Scraps and More  The challenge was to make a pingvina, a traditional Danish woven heart, and use it on a project.  You can check out the tutorial by clicking on the link above.  I cut the pieces using Sure Cuts A Lot and my Cricut.  I struggled a little to get the pieces woven together, but I am happy with how it turned out.  I used the heart as a pocket and then cut the girl using the "Playtime" cartridge.  She is holding a circular lollipop which I covered up with a heart I cut using the "Doodlecharms" cartridge.  For the inside, I used a matching cardstock sticker and stamped "U R loved" on it.

I hope you will take some time to check out the "I Feel the Love" project and consider joining in the fun!


1 comment:

  1. Jessica, your card is adorable!! I love your paper choices and your design. So well thought out and it all works so well together! Thank you so much for joining us at the I Feel the Love Project. I look forward to seeing more of your work. You are so talented. The child who gets this card will smile and feel your love for sure :)
    ~Madison Ifeeltheloveproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete