Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Calendar Page and Announcement!

Today I have my February calendar/ Project 12 page to share.  I used sketch #248 from Nuts About Sketches.  This sketch had lots of spots for photos.  We didn't have many special events last February, so I ended up using a lot of "everyday" photos, which turned out okay, and it means that I don't have anything that more I need to scrapbook for this month!


This layout also works for a couple of challenges.  The first is the January/February Issue Challenge #2 at Club CK, which was to use photo strips.  The second is the 1/29/13 Stash Challenge at My Scraps and More.  That challenge was to use at least 5 different manufacturers on a layout.  I used quite a bit of K and Company on this layout, but there are also products from 13 other manufacturers on this page!  (I realized after I took the photo of the layout that these photos were from February 2012, so that has been fixed...)

I played a bit with clustering on this page.  For this cluster I used some die cuts, a sticker, a brad and some felt and tried to vary the depth of the embellishments for interest.

More felt and die cuts in this one.  I also used some rub ons.  If you look closely, you can see some glitter peeking out from underneath the large white felt heart (a post Christmas clearance find at Target last year).  I used some adhesive rub ons and glitter to add some interest behind the heart.

For this cluster I layered some Grungeboard that I painted and inked with the felt arrow.

I also wanted to mention that I have made the Nuts About Sketches Design Team for March-August!  It is no secret that I love Shawn's sketches and I am excited to be sharing my takes on them with a wider audience again!  You can check out the announcement here. 

Materials
Cardstock- Bazzill and American Crafts
Patterned paper and tag- K and Company
Letters- Oriental Trading Company
Pens- Sakura, Creative Memories
Felt- Fancy Pants Designs, other
Liquid Pearls, Ink, and Glitter Glue- Ranger
Grungeboard- Advantus
Brads- Making Memories
Rub ons- K and Company and Crate
Glitter- American Crafts
Stickers- K and Company, Cosmo Cricket
Die Cuts- K and Company, Crate
Punch- Martha Stewart
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Cricut Classic Font
Paint- Liquitex

No comments:

Post a Comment