Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you are all having a great day!  I have some Valentines to share today!  The first I made for my husband using Cardabilities sketch #68 and the "Be My Valentine" challenge at My Scraps and More.

I used glossy cardstock and alcohol inks on the large heart.  I felt that the green background piece was a little small so I decided to "mat" that with some stamping on the base.  To create the white border, I used painter's tape and taped around the edges before stamping.  The sentiments and heart tag were cut using my Cricut.  


Here's a close up of the alcohol ink on the heart.  I used red ink, silver and pearl mixatives and then dropped blending solution on it.


I also made cards for my little Valentines.  I made two like this for my two little boys.  For the doily heart, I rubbed some Distress Ink on a plastic bag and sprayed it with turquoise Perfect Pearls mist.  Then I rubbed the doily, face down, on the bag to pick up the color.  This is the one I did first, the second one has a softer color to it because there was less ink.


And here is the one for the girls.  I used the same technique as above to color this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment