Friday, March 22, 2013

My Mind's Eye Birthday Cards

A couple of months ago, Archiver's had a couple of My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 6x6 pads for $.99. I ended up getting there a couple of days into the deal so the only one left was the Breeze color scheme. It wasn't the one I was hoping to get, but it has turned out to be great for masculine cards. Here are two I've made so far. The first is a birthday card for my dad. I used the current sketch at Practical Scrappers for inspiration.


I used my Stamping Gear to make the large circle. The clock face is a 7 gypsies stamp. I inked the papers on this card with Walnut Stain and Forest Moss distress inks. I covered the click face with Glossy Accents to make it look like glass.

My second card is a birthday card for a friend who will be celebrating his golden birthday this weekend. The design is based on the current sketch at Sketch Saturday. I stamped the words with VersaMark and then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.



1 comment:

  1. That's a nice card... like the brown colours.. perfect for a man card. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete