Monday, March 18, 2013

SEM March Sketch- Merry Christmas

Today is the reveal of our second challenge for the month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  This time it is a sketch.


I didn't use the suggested photo sizes because I had these four photos already printed and they worked to run across the page so I went with that.  For the focal point photo, I matted it with pink patterned paper and popped it up with foam adhesive to make it stand out more.  After I had attached the large half circle, I felt it needed a little something extra, so used some coordinating paper and created a ruffle.  The paper I used is fairly thick, so to make it more pliable, I spray it with water.


For the title, I used a die cut and added a sticker and my own handwriting to finish the title.  The pink flower was cut in half, layered and then tucked behind the title block which is also attached with foam adhesive.



The scrap twist for this challenge was to use buttons.  I used some chipboard ones, the fancy turquoise and lace one below, and some button brads to accent my page.  The gifts were cut using the Cricut and "New Arrival" cartridge.  The holly is a rub on that I painted with a brush and excess spray ink from spraying the chipboard circle below.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Recollections
Rubons- DaisyD's
Stickers- Echo Park
Chipboard- Making Memories, Studio Calico
Flowers- Kaiser Craft
Brads- Making Memories, Basic Grey
Button- Recollections
Ribbon- Michaels
Pen- Sakura
Ink- Ranger, October Afternoon
Punch- Martha Stewart Crafts
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- New Arrival
Glitter Glue- Ranger
Sketch- Debbie Gaydos

2 comments:

  1. They are adorable!! Love your nontraditional Christmas pallete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute layout, the photos look great and I love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete