Saturday, April 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday and I made this card for her with the 4/21/13 card challenge at My Scraps and More as inspiration.


The challenge was to create a card with several layers and use a brad. Bev, who posed the challenge, made a gate fold card, and so I decided to make one too. I used the same papers (leftover from my May calendar page) and made a card for the "I Feel the Love" project. This month we are making cards for a mother and her four children who lost their husband/father to cancer. This card is for the mother, Debbie. As a mother of four children, I cannot imagine losing my husband and having to raise them on my own.

I used the 4/18/13 Play challenge at MS&M as inspiration for this card. The challenge was to use a doily and pearls on a card. I sprayed my heart doily with October Afternoon Paper Bag mist so that it would match the kraft based patterned paper. I then splattered it with some pink and green mists. Finally, I used some tiny pearls to accent the designs on the doily.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, this is really a beautiful card. I have never used a doily before. Wow, you did an amazing job. Debbie will love and cherish this card. Thank yo so much for your support! You are a blessing :)
    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I received your beautiful card!! Thank you again. It is very kind of you to support Debbie during this difficult time. God Bless you.
    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete