Wednesday, April 3, 2013

NAS #259- Open Wide

A new sketch was revealed yesterday at Nuts About Sketches, and it its a great one! I used some photos from Will's first meal of solid food. I used a Studio Calico mask on the background, along with some slate Glimmer Mist. I matted everything with navy to make it stand out against the background.

As I was working on this layout, looking at the Echo Park ”Little Boy” line, I realized an airplane theme would work great for this subject matter! I cut this large airplane from one of the border strips and used foam adhesive to attach it to the page. The trail behind it is embroidery floss that I attached using liquid glue. I cut the word ”wide” using my Cricut, but found it got a little lost on the navy matting so I went over it with an orange Souffle pen.

For this embellishment cluster, I cut the cloud from a Hambly transparency and attached one with velum adhesive and the other with foam adhesive. The stitched star was super easy to make; I pierced 5 holes and stitched between them. The corrugated pieces were smeared with orange fabric paint to accent the ridges. I got the idea for the glitter splatters from a recent post on Pamela Young's blog. They were super easy to make and I love the look, I will definitely be doing them more!

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Echo Park
Stickers- American Crafts
Brads- Basic Grey
Glitter- American Crafts
Corrugated Accents- Jillibean Soup
Pens- Creative Memories, Sakura
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridges- Doodlecharms, Tear Drop
Transparency- Hambly
Punch- EK Success
Paint- Duncan
Ink- Tattered Angels, Tsukineko
Mask- Studio Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment