Monday, May 20, 2013

Nuts About Sketch #266- Little Artist

It's Monday which means there is a new sketch at Nuts About Sketches.  This week's sketch had two photo areas.  

I ended up rotating the sketch to work with my portrait oriented photos.  This layout is inspired by some of Missy Whidden's recent work.  She did a layout recently where she made some drippy circles on the background, which I did here because I thought they fit with the theme well.  She has also done several layouts recently using mostly or all washi tape for the background.  For my photo mats, I used some patterned paper strips as well as washi tape.  


For the title I used a plain piece of chipboard that I covered with washi tape.  I cut the word "Little" using my New Arrival cartridge.  The turquoise and yellow hearts are Heidi Swapp resist chipboard that I colored using inkpads.  For the word "Artist" I used some cardstock letters and then outlined them with a light turquoise pen to make them stand out a bit from the background.


Materials-
Cardstock- American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Robin's Nest, Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Bo Bunny Press
Tape- My Mind's Eye, Target
Ink- Tattered Angels, EK Success
Chipboard- Oriental Trading Company, Heidi Swapp
Ribbon- American Crafts
Letters- Creative Memories
Pen- Sakura, Sharpie
Sticker- American Crafts
Brads- Making Memories
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- New Arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment