Monday, May 13, 2013

Nuts About Sketches #265- June Calendar Page

Today is Monday, so there is a new sketch at Nuts About Sketches.  This week is a two pager, so I made my calendar page for June.  


I played a bit with the photo sizes for the ones across the top, but the stayed true to the sizes suggested on the bottom.  This layout had a hodge podge of My Mind's Eye goodies I have collected over the last couple of months.  I thought the washi tape with the brackets worked well to label the photos and the colors worked perfectly.  I think I have three different lines here and the colors matched so well, gotta love that!

I generally don't do a lot of hand stitching on my layouts because I find it tedious and time consuming, but I did a running stitch on this page.  The border punch that I used for my strips across the top had holes in it, so it was super easy to stitch.

Want to know a secret?? I made A LOT of mistakes on this layout!  I only had one sheet of the yellow patterned paper and I needed the whole sheet.  I screwed up when I cut it and had to cut it a second time and attach the strip on top of the first larger piece of paper.  I then cut the top, border punched, piece a little too narrow.  Instead of having the white background cardstock show, I ran a strip of washi tape behind it.  Finally, I had printed out my journaling and went to trim it into strips and accidentally cut too close, cutting off some of the first letters, so I had to reprint it.  The overall lesson?  Measure twice, cut once!!


Materials-
Cardstock- American Crafts
Patterned Paper, brads, tape, enamel dots- My Mind's Eye
Floss- DMC
Punch- EK Success
Pen- Sharpie
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Software- Sure Cuts A Lot
Fonts- Mail Ray Stuff, Times New Roman
Vellum- Stampin Up
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts
Glitter Glue- Ranger



1 comment:

  1. It certainly doesn't look like you made any mistakes on this layout! It looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete