Tuesday, June 18, 2013

This week's cards...

I am back with some more cards!  This past week included Father's Day and a couple of graduations.  (I had a graduation card in my stash, so I only made one.) First up, we'll take a look at t he Father's Day cards.

I made two copies of this card, one for my dad, one for my father-in-law.  The background of this card is glossy cardstock that I inked with a brayer.  I used Salty Ocean and Walnut Stain Distress Inks.  The cool thing about Distress Inks is that they react with water, so after I rolled them on the cardstock, I spritzed it with water and then splattered a few drops as well to give it some texture.  Once it was dry, I stamped the images using Archival Ink.  I finished it off with the sentiment and a piece of ribbon.


This card I made for my husband's grandpa.  I used my Stamping Gear for the large circles of stamping.  I stamped the sentiment on a lightly patterned paper, ripped around 3 sides, inked the edges and attached it to my card.

Finally, I have a graduation card.  I wanted to make the hat because I thought it would be pretty easy.  I cut the square of black cardstock, knotted some white embroidery floss around the brad and attached the whole thing with some foam tape.  The background was created by dry embossing a green piece of cardstock, rubbing it with some metallic ink, heat embossing with gold powder, rubbing the edges with Versamark ink, and heat embossing with more gold powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment