Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Independence Day everyone!  Thank you to all who have served our country to make and keep us free!  

Today I have a couple of cards to share because, not only is it Independence Day, we have a birthday and an anniversary in the family!  I will start with the anniversary card.  

I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch (#300!) and pulled some scraps from my files.  I went with a more rustic look on this one with wood grain paper and inking the edges.  The sentiment was stamped and then heat embossed with dark blue embossing powder. 


My second card is a birthday card with a color scheme borrowed from the day.  The patterned paper pieces were saved from this card and that was my starting point for this card.  I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some Distress Inks on a sponge applicator to make the stars.  I took a couple of Happy Birthday stamps and randomly stamped them around the card, masking the edges.  I was going to stitch around the edges, but discovered that the different colors of thread for my sewing machine are packed and the color loaded in the machine is purple!  So no stitching...I finished off the card with a ribbon and some blue gems for a little sparkle and interest on the bottom of the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment