Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Last Cards of the Month!

We've reached the end of the crazy month filled with birthdays and anniversaries!  I have two last cards to share today.

The first is a birthday card I made using the current sketch at Cardabilities.

I stuck very close to the sketch, using Echo Park For the Record 2.  I am really loving the colors of that collection! I fussy cut the doily and the scallop border.  The border was actually cut from the cut-off strip that shows the pattern on the other side, it was the perfect size!  The flowers and the pearl were the last of the package- woo hoo for using up product!!

For the second card, I used this week's sketch at Unscripted Sketches to make a card for my son who turned 3 today!  

My son requested a "lion eating a zebra" for decorations on his cake this year.  He has been obsessed with that subject for quite a while.  He is really into animals in general (he spends a lot of time acting like an animal too), so I went with that theme for the card (as did a few others who made homemade cards for him). :)  The Cricut cut is from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.  I used some Core'dinations cardstock behind the lion boy and dry embossed it and then sanded it to reveal the inner core.  The sentiments down the side are rub ons that I placed on circles I had cut from cardstock.  


In case you were wondering, this is how I decorated his cake.  :)



10 comments:

  1. so lovely colours - like sky and sun)) Thank's for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, love the pop of blue. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are too cute and love the cake! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such sweet cards, thanks for playing along at Cardabilties :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!! Love colour combo and all embelishments. Thanks for playing along at Cardabilities! Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and a great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for sharing your take on this weeks sketch at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card! Thank you for playing with Cardabilities! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards and what a great job you did decorating that cake! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

    x0, Damaris

    ReplyDelete