Monday, July 1, 2013

Scrapping Everyday Miracles: July Main Challenge

This month's challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles is called ” My Favorite Things.” Cara issued the challenge, here's what she had to say:

So here's my Challenge: Create a layout about someone's "favorites"...it can be a page about yourself, your child, your best friend, your spouse, your parent....well, you get the idea...it can be about anyone you choose. I think hearing what people enjoy about life can be one of the greatest ways to get to know the heart of that person. It can also be a great way to connect with someone...when we take the time to do things they enjoy, we can bless them. 

The Scrap Twist that you need to include on your project is to use some kind of "office supply item"---some ideas would be paper clips, binder clips, or staples. 

I chose to do a page about my son's love for his ” blankie.” He has had his star blanket since he was a small baby and loves it. He sleeps with it, carries it around the house with him and occasionally brings it along places outside our home.

 I used the weekly sketch from a couple of weeks ago at My Scrap and More. The layering on this sketch is great for all those scraps you may have laying around!

I used some fuzzy Thickers and some felt accents to add some softness to the layout. I tried to find a few photos that sure Will with his blanket at different ages. The one on the far right was taken just a couple of months ago at the zoo!:-)  For the scrap twist, I used some staples and made a couple of x's with them.  I wanted to do one more, but I ran out of staples and the rest are packed as we are preparing to move!  I also used some silver brads in the centers of the felt accents.

Thanks for stopping by today and make sure you head over to Scrapping Everyday Miracles to check out what the rest of the team did and make sure you try the challenge yourself!

Materials
Cardstock- Die Cuts With a View
Patterned Paper- Echo Park, My Mind's Eye, Karen Foster Designs, October Afternoon
Stickers- American Crafts, October Afternoon
Felt- Fancy Pants Designs
Brads- Recollections
Pen- Zig
Punch- EK Success
Trim- Robin's Nest
Sketch- Tammi Bennett for My Scraps and More

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful page, Jessica!! Love the variety of photos of him with his special blankie!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete