Monday, September 2, 2013

Scrapping Everyday Miracles- September Main Challenge

It is the first Monday of a new month (September, already?!) so there is a new challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. Helen gave us this challenge for the month:

My challenge for you this month is to create a layout about your favorite season of the year. Let your project show us God's miracles and His mighty work as you highlight this season.

The Scrap Twist that you need to include on your project is to use 3 or more leaves --- to remember how God changes the color of the leaves with the seasons.

I had to think a bit to decide what my favorite season is.  One of the reasons I enjoy living in Minnesota is that we have 4 distinct seasons and there are aspects of each one that I like.  I love the colors of fall, but fall also means that winter is on the way.  Winter is definitely my least favorite, mostly because it lasts so long.  I also really enjoy spring and seeing the new life spring forth from the ground and the trees.  It also means summer is coming.  Which brings me to the season I chose: summer.  I love the lack of schedule. the warm weather, being able to wear flip flops and tank tops, and especially playing in and around the water.

I decided to scrap these photos of my oldest enjoying some water fun from a couple of summers ago.  She has a very similar attitude towards water as I do.  She likes to be in it, but is cautious as well. 


I had a lot of fun mixing and matching brightly colored papers and embellishments.  For the scrap twist, I cut out a palm tree (with 5 leaves) using my Cricut and the "Stretch Your Imagination" cartridge. I started with the sprinkler paper from Creative Imaginations and worked from there.  I used DIY Thickers and some American Crafts glitter for the word "wet".  The big blue heart is a rub on and the "pool" sign is a sticker I covered with Glossy Accents.

For the journaling, I started with the Creative Imaginations journaling spot, but quickly discovered it was much too small.  I pulled out a sheet of Echo Park journaling spots and chose one that coordinated with the other colors on my layout.  The first spot is popped up with pop dots and the second is tucked under it. 
 Make sure you go check out the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog to see what the rest of the team did!  I hope you join us!

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, The Paper Company
Patterned Paper- Creative Imaginations, K and Company, Die Cuts With a View, Echo Park
Stickers- Creative Imaginations, American Crafts
Glitter- American Crafts
Rub on- Basic Grey
Button- Daisy D's
Pen- Creative Memories
Tape- Target, Bella Blvd.
Photo Template- Scrapbooks Etc.
Thread- Coats
Adhesive- Ranger
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Stretch Your Imagination

1 comment:

  1. love the bright colors and the pics are so great! such a great work of heart!

    ReplyDelete