Friday, October 4, 2013

Mojo Monday- Birthday Card

My newest sister-in-law's birthday was yesterday and I made a card for her using this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  


I used a Hero Arts stamp that I received in one of the classes I attended at Scrapfest a couple of weeks ago.  I stamped it on watercolor paper with Versamark and then used white embossing powder.  I rubbed Distress Inks over the paper to color in the flowers and background. I then sprayed it with water to blend the colors.  I dabbed off the excess water and then misted it with Pearl Glimmer Mist.  

While that was drying, I stamped the blue flowers.  To get the softer look, I spritzed the stamp with water before stamping it.  I fussy cut them and then popped them up over the ribbon strips.  For the banner, I stamped the sentiment and then colored it with the blending tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment