Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I Feel the Love Project- October

Hey there!  I have some crafty projects to share today!  I know, it's been a long time!  I have made quite a few cards, I just haven't had a chance to get them posted.  I will be sharing them over the next week or so.

First up today, I am sharing a couple of cards I made for the I Feel the Love Project.  The assignment for October was to make Thanksgiving cards for the residents of Chancellors Village which is a senior community.  

I wanted to play a bit with some of my supplies for this one so I pulled out my Distress Inks, some watercolor paper and clear embossing powder.  I rubbed the Wild Honey Distress ink pad directly onto the entire card front.  I misted it a bit to blend the color more evenly.  Once that was dry, I stamped the leaves with some Versamark ink and one of my favorite stamp sets, Stampin Up!'s Autumn Leaf Prints.  I then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the stamped leaves and heated.  I then took my ink blending tool and blended Forest Moss, Walnut Ink, and Barn Door over the card.  The heat embossing acted as a resist keeping the leaves yellow.  I misted it again, and this time, used an eyedropper to add some larger splotches. 

Once that was all dry, I attached the ribbon sentiment and embellishments.  For the top card, I used a premade sticker.  For the bottom one, I cut the leaf using my Cricut and the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment