Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Flip Out!

I'm back to doing some "regular" scrapping!  I've had these papers waiting to be used for a few months since I picked them up on clearance.  And the photos, we won't even talk about how long they have been waiting to be scrapped!  We'll just go with my daughter is just two in these photos and she is 5 now...

My inspiration for this layout (besides the papers) is the 7th Day of Christmas Challenge at My Scraps and More.  The challenge was to use at least 8 circles on your layout.  I started by cutting 8 circles from the patterned paper, but then it just grew from there!  I ended up using a Crafter's Workshop mask and some molding paste to make the smaller circles on my background and then a Studio Calico mask and spray mist to add some oomph to my main photo mat.  For the journaling, I used an OLD bare chipboard piece by Basic Grey.  I put a base coat of Picket Fence Distress Stain on it and then colored it with Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks.  


Materials:
Cardstock and Patterned Paper- Bazzill
Chipboard- KI Memories and Basic Grey
Buttons- Jesse James
Twine- Pink Paislee
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Stickers- October Afternoon
Stamp- Stampin Up
Ink- Hampton Arts, Ranger
Masks- The Crafter's Workshop, Studio Calico
Molding Paste- Golden
Ribbon- American Crafts
Circle Cutter- Creative Memories

One of the gifts I give at Christmas is a set of hand made cards for my grandma who likes to send cards.  I used some of the scraps from the above layout and this sketch.

After I fussy cut the chevron paper for the above layout, I had a few large triangle shaped pieces of paper.  I was inspired by the sketch to make this:

No comments:

Post a Comment