Sunday, January 5, 2014

January Calendar Page

Well, I'm only a few days behind so far this year, I hope it isn't an indication of how the rest of the year will go!  I did finish this on Friday, so it isn't as bad as it appears.  :)  So, here is my calendar page for January:


I used a PageMaps sketch:
As you can see, I rotated the photos on the right hand page and put three square ones int he middle row.  I used a combination of a lot of products and manufacturers on this one (as you will see in the materials list).  

I used some more of the Stamp N Bond (which I talked about here) for the title of my page.  The January journaling spot has a calendar printed on it, but I didn't really need that visible, so I was going to cover it with number stickers.  I couldn't find any number stickers that were the right color, so I went to Plan B, which was to stamp the numbers and cover them in glitter.  :)  I dressed it up a bit more with a feather and a crocheted flower.


I made several embellishment clusters around the page with fussy cut doilies, crocheted flowers, brads, gems and glitter "splatters".  For the glitter splatters, I simply took some glue, made various sized dots and sprinkled glitter over it.

I also was inspired by the My Scraps and More challenge for the 10th day of Christmas: use a family photo and include a heart on your page.  The photo in the top left is from the day my youngest was born; our very first photo as a family of 6!  For the hearts, I used heart rub on borders on the bottom of the title block and above the top left photo on the right hand page.

Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts, Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Bazzill, Michael's, Autumn Leaves
Journaling Spot- Jillibean Soup
Stickers- October Afternoon
Rub ons- American Crafts
Stamps- Wordsworth
Ink- Tsukeniko, Ranger
Adhesive Powder- Stampendous
Glitter- American Crafts
Brads- October Afternoon, Echo Park
Pen- Zig, Sakura
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Feather- Bella Blvd.
Flower and gems- Michael's
Trim- The Robin's Nest
Sketch- Page Maps

No comments:

Post a Comment