Friday, February 14, 2014

My Scraps and More Sketch #68- He's Here

It is my first official reveal at the My Scrap and More Sketch blog today!  This week we had this fun, single-photo sketch by Wendi to work with:


I decided to make a page using my youngest son's birth announcement.  I had fun doing some inking and stamping for this one.  I found a cool stamp set at Archiver's for 75% off last week that has lots of splatter and brush images.  I think I will get a lot of use out of it.  I used it here for the circle and "ribbon" pieces in the top right and also to underline my title.  

I have quite the mix of papers on this page, all scraps!  I started with the Karen Foster animal paper and went from there.  I used the Cricut for my title. I also did some fussy cutting for my embellishments, cutting out the little duck and the vellum stars.  


Make sure you head over to the My Scraps and More Sketch blog and check out what the rest of the team did!

Materials
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Echo Park, Karen Foster Designs, Crate Paper, Sassafras Lass, October Afternoon
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Ribbon- The Paper Studio
Brads- Basic Grey, Making Memories, Crate Paper
Stamps- Hero Arts
Ink- Tsukineko, Colorbox
Vellum- K and Company
Punch- Marvy
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Holiday Cakes
Sketch- Wendi Robinson

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the way you incorporated your son's birth announcement onto the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic take on the sketch!! An adorable page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! Fabulous take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete