Thursday, March 20, 2014

Going Wild!

I completed a two page layout this week, using some photos I STILL hadn't scrapped from 2010.  This page chronicles some of my oldest daughter's adventures at the zoo that year.

I was inspired by the 3/13 Throwback Thursday challenge at My Scraps and More. The challenge was to use vellum and a collection that is at least a year old.  I have lots of paper that is at least a year old, but my vellum stash is more limited.  I chose to use Fancy Pants "Hopscotch" for my collection.  I had to add a little paper and some stickers from a Close to My Heart Page kit that I picked up a couple of years ago.  

The title was cut using the "Tear Drop" and "Zooballoo" Cricut Cartridges.  Some tape and pre-cut banners helped create the lines in opposite corners.

To highlight my main photo, I matted it, and then used a mask and sprayed some white ink.  I also splattered a little green ink for some interest.  For the butterfly trails, I used some dimensional fabric paint.  To finish off the cluster, I used a few colorful brads.

Materials-
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Close to My Heart, Fancy Pants Designs
Vellum- Creative Memories
Stickers- Close to My Heart, Fancy Pants, Designs, October Afternoon, Die Cuts With a View
Tape- Bella Blvd.
Brads- Basic Grey, Doodlebug Designs
Pen- Sakura
Mist- Studio Calico
Dimensional Paint- Duncan
Ribbon- Michaels
Mask- Studio Calico
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridges- Zooballoo, Tear Drop

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your double!! WHat a fantastic page Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures for fabulous double page layouts, Jessica! Beautiful banner border :)
    And I nominate you as one of my 11 Liebster Award winners! Check out my blog post here http://wp.me/p1wKGj-1gu

    ReplyDelete