Monday, April 21, 2014

Cards and a Tutorial

Happy Monday everyone!  I have a couple or cards to share today and a tutorial over at the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog.

First up is a card I made last weekend for my sister-in-law whose birthday was a week ago.  I used last week's Unscripted Sketch as inspiration:


I started with a piece of Glossy Cardstock for my background.  I stamped a text background stamp using Resist Ink.  After letting that dry, I used an ink blending tool to add the rainbow of colors on the back using Distress Inks.  I then used the flower stamp and grey distress ink to add the flowers.  

The smaller rectangle was a light pink color, I added the bright pink using an ink blending tool and then stamped the "Happy Birthday" with grey and purple inks.  The flower was cut using my Cricut and Botanicals cartridge and I added the details with purple colored pencil. A strip of ribbon and the card is done!

This is a card I made for my mom whose birthday is next weekend.  If you want to see my step by step directions for making the background, you can check it out here on the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog.

 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment