Friday, May 23, 2014

My Scraps and More Sketch #82- Cosmic Mini Golf

Happy Friday!  It is the start of a long weekend, woot!  I have a layout to share today, based on this week's sketch at My Scraps and More.  


Besides the sketch, I was inspired by the 5/5 Mix It Up Monday challenge on the boards there. The challenge was to use color photos but only neutrals for your papers and embellishments.  The photos are from a black light mini golf course at our local mall.  I was really struggling to figure out what kind of colors to use to scrap these.  The neutrals worked perfectly!  The large polka dot paper I made with a mask and some mist.  


I felt like since there was no color, I needed to add some pizzazz somehow, so I kind of went crazy with the glitter.  I used DIY Thickers for the title.  I started by lightly sprinkling some larger, silver iridescent glitter and then went over them with fine silver glitter.  For the chipboard stars, I inked them with grey ink and then smeared iridescent glitter glue over them.

Make sure you head over to the blog and check out what the rest of the team did!

Materials- 
Cardstock- Stampin Up, American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Die Cuts With a View
Journal spot- Making Memories
Chipboard- Advantus, Heidi Swapp
Ink- Ranger, Clearsnap
Pen- Zig
Stickers- American Crafts, Bella Blvd. 
Glitter- American Crafts
Glitter Glue- American Crafts, Ranger
Rub Ons- Studio Calico
Stamp- Stampin Up
Ribbon- unknown
Dew Drops- Robin's Nest

1 comment:

  1. I agree the neautrals work beautifully, what a fab set of piccies and a great layout xx

    ReplyDelete