Friday, November 7, 2014

My Scraps and More Sketch #93- My Prayers

 Hi all!  Wow, it's been quiet around here!  I have been so busy taking and editing pictures and just doing life, that I have had no time for creating or blogging!  I am back today with a layout created with the new sketch on the My Scraps and More Sketch blog. Here is the sketch, created by Audrey:


 Since it was a single photo sketch, I decided to do another prayer page for one of my kids.  This time for my second oldest, using her 4-year-old portrait (she just turned 6!).
I got to check out the October Afternoon warehouse sale last month and I picked up these beautiful Daily Flash Apple Cider papers.  I saw the tree paper on their blog and knew I had to have it!  I ended up fussy cutting a few of the trees as embellishments.  I also fussy cut the pie charts from another sheet of patterned paper. 
I found some old Hambly rub on frames that worked well with the patterns and used those over some stamped leaves to add some interest.  I used a couple of different foam adhesives to give different pieces some lift and dimension. I hand wrote my prayers on strips of paper that I edged with some distress ink.
I have a couple of cards I have made and I am working on my calendar page for November, so hopefully I should get back into this blogging thing a bit! Make sure you head over to the My Scraps and More Sketch blog and check out what everyone else did!

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
 Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Provo Craft
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Ink- Ranger
Tin Pin- October Afternoon
Wood pieces- Jillibean soup
Paint- Liquitex
Rubons- Hambly
Stamps- Hero Arts, Stampin Up
Pen- Stampin Up

No comments:

Post a Comment