Friday, December 26, 2014

A Couple more quick cards...

These two cards were put together fairly quickly and were inspired by product.  For the first card, I pulled out a snowflake stamp set and covered the card in snowflakes, stamped in Versamark Dazzle and light blue ink.  I stamped the sentiment and decided the card needed a bit more.  I cut the ornaments with my Cricut and the Holiday Cakes cartridge.  I cut one layer in blue and the other in gray.  All the gray areas I covered in Platinum Stickles to add some shine. To finish it off, I made lines with the platinum Stickles (which are not as straight as I would like them to be).


My second card is a card for my brother-in-law on his birthday.  I bought this gear embossing folder a few weeks ago and had been looking forward to using it.  I covered a piece of cardstock with aluminum foil and then ran it through my embossing machine.  To add some color, I dropped red, yellow, and silver alcohol inks on the panel.  I blended them a bit with an ink blending tool and let it dry. I don't have any Cricut cartridges with gears, so I used the wheels from the tractor on "Boys Will Be Boys" instead. I stamped my sentiment on the larger one and heat embossed it.  I rubbed the edges of both "gears" with Versamark and then heat embossed them with silver to make them fit in with the background better.  I used a screw head bread on the smaller gear to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment