Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy Birthday- Cardabilities #113

Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I have a couple of cards to share today.  First up is a birthday card I created for my brother-in-law using this sketch from Cardabilities:

I pulled out my gear embossing folder and embossed a piece of yellow cardstock. I inked it using an ink blending tool and Forest Moss, Wild Honey, and Weathered Wood Distress Inks.  I then splattered some Sugar Maple Glimmer Mist on it.  To make the gears, I cut the tractor tires using my Cricut from the Boys Will be Boys cartridge.  The clock face was cut with the Edge to Edge cartridge. I stamped a texture stamp and heat embossed the gears before attaching them to the card. A couple of brads and a length of ribbon finished off the card.


I also made a wedding card this weekend for my husband's brother and his new wife. I used the Edge to Edge cartridge for the white cut background (I really love how this one looks against the black). The bracket was cut from vellum using the Storybook cartridge.  I cut the bell with the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge.  I added some sparkle to the bell using Platinum Stickles. The sentiment was stamped and heat embosssed with silver embossing powder.


No comments:

Post a Comment