Monday, March 23, 2015

April Calendar Layout

Hello,  I'm here to share my April calendar layout, a week and a half early!  I was inspired by this sketch at Stick it Down:


I was also inspired by the 3/12 Throwback Thursday challenge at My Scraps and More.  The challenge wad to use a colored cardstock background and buttons on your layout.  I like to use colored cardstock for my backgrounds,  do this challenge was pretty easy.  


I used the DIY Boutique line from Simple Stories. I picked this up a little over a week ago at our local scrapbook store.  I just loved the bright colors.  This collection was a lot of fun to use,  the colors make me so happy!

I scribbled with a yellow Gelato where I planned to place my title.  I then sprayed it with a little water and smudged it around.  I added some spray ink splatters for a little more interest.  As you may be able to tell from this photo,  I didn't have a couple of the letters I needed,  so i made the "r" and "i" from other letters.  I finished off the area with buttons,  stickers, tape and more chipboard.


You can see in this photo that I used a bit of white paint on my banners and labels to cover the pattern and make my journaling readable.  I did a little more with the yellow gelato in this corner as well.

Materials
Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View, Michael's, Bazzill
Patterned Paper,  Stickers, Die Cut, Enamel Dot: Simple Stories
Paint: Liquitex
Gelatos: Faber-Castell
Tape: Pink Fresh Studio
Pen: Zig
Chipboard: Simple Stories,  American Crafts
Buttons: Oriental Trading Company,  Jesse James Co.
Die Cutter: Provo Craft
Cartridge: Edge to Edge
Font: Nickelodeon
Ink: Tattered Angels,  Imaginisce


8 comments:

  1. What an awesome double Jessica!!! Love this! Thanks for sharing with us at Stick it Down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun LO. thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous double pages. I like the circle die cut and it makes the page looks so interesting. Thank you for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great double page layout! I just love the colours and the unique doily embellishment. You calendar pages look like such a fun endeavour. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun layout! Great paper choices and I love your embellishments! Great take on the sketch too. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your pages! I love all the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ~Ashley W
    SID Card Team member

    ReplyDelete