Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Dad!

Hello!  Today is my dad's birthday and I have the card I made for him to share today.


I pulled out a 6x6 paper pad that I have and started looking at the pieces of paper, most of which have been used, so I have quite a few smaller scraps.  I decided to make a background with some of those scraps for this card.  I cut a piece of smooth white cardstock slightly smaller than my card. I attached each piece of patterned paper with a generous amount of adhesive.  Once all of the pieces were attached, I ran the entire piece through an embossing folder.  To bring some cohesion to the different patterns, I took my Iced Coffee Gelato over the embossing. I rubbed the color around with my finger to make it a little more uniform. I stamped the sentiment in dark brown and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then inked the edges of my banners with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I finished the card off with a couple of lengths of ribbon on the horizontal seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment