Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Scraps and More Cabin Fever Crop- Teaching Memories

Hi all!  There is a crop going on over at My Scraps and More and I was able to complete one of the challenges so far!  I was inspired by Audrey's "Stuck Inside" challenge.  The challenge was to use something "stuck inside" your page.  A couple of weekends ago, I was doing some organizing in our office/ my scrap room closet with my professional organizing friend. I came across these photos and a couple of cards from when I was a teacher 9 years ago.  I found I had space in the album for that year, so I decided to put together a page. 

For the "stuck inside" part of the challenge, I made a pocket with some vellum and patterned paper. I used a strip of washi tape to hold those two pieces together.  I stitched around the page to create the pocket. I tucked both of the cards in the pocket.  You can see the words from one of the cards peeking through the vellum here.


I ended up going pretty basic on this page, and, as a result, it came together super fast and I am so happy to have these photos scrapped!  For the title area, I punched some scalloped circles and squares from the vellum and overlapped them.  I used some sticker letters for the title. I finished off this area and the rest of the page with some enamel dots.

Materials:
Patterned Paper- Die Cuts with a View, Simple Stories
Vellum- Crate Paper
Enamel Dots and Tape- My Mind's Eye
Stickers- Bo Bunny, Simple Stores
Punches and Pen- Marvy
Chipboard- Heidi Swapp
Thread- Coats and Clard
Stamp- Stampin Up
Ink- Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment