Friday, March 13, 2015

Stick It Down- Birthday Card

Hi all! I have a card I made earlier this week to share today.  I was inspired by this month's card sketch at Stick it Down:

I started with the light green cardstock background and dry embossed it. Then I inked up the edges with Walnut Ink, Forest Moss, and Wild Honey Distress Inks. I cut the tree using the "New Testament" Cricut cartridge, I thought this tree was so beautiful! I cut the olive colored piece to look like a hill for the tree to stand on and inked the edges of that piece as well.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment .

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card and I am glad that you are inspired by the card sketch. Love the layers and textures. Thank you for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice card Jessica. I love the layers and textures. Nice take on the sketch for sure. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I love all the layers, and the colors you used are perfect for a masculine birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ~Ashley W
    SID Card Team member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up at SID! I love the texture that background creates. The tree die cut is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Congrats on being featured also. :) I love the inking on the background and that awesome tree! Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great texture on here! Fantastic card! Thanks for sharing at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete