Friday, March 13, 2015

When You Wish Upon a Star

Hello! I have a layout to share today.  I was inspired to use my Gelatos and modeling paste on this layout after watching this video by Missy Whidden. I didn't use they products in the way she used them, but the video inspired me to pull them out and use them.  I mixed some purple metallic gelato with modeling paste and then used a mask for the circle design.  

The orange swirl transparency is an old one by Hambly that I have had sitting in my scraps forever.  It matched the orange in the girls' costumes, so I had to use it! I fussy cut that to get rid of the excess around the design

I had some fun with the title of the page (also the title of one of their dances).  I cut the star from some of the excess transparency and then colored it with some purple alcohol ink and pearl mixative.  

To try to make it stand out more, I put a layer of glue on the back and some white tinsel glitter.  It still blended in too much with the purple on the background so I outlined it with white Liquid Pearls.

Materials:
Cardstock- Americna Crafts, Michaels
Transparency- Hambly
Modeling Paste- Golden
Gelato- Faber Castell
Ink and Liquid Pearls- Ranger
Glitter- American Crafts
Masks- Studio Calico, The Crafters Workshop
Stickers- Heidi Grace, Mark Richards
Pen- Zig
Gems- Basic Grey, Michaels, Jolees
Die Cutter- Provo Crafts
Cartridge- Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment