Thursday, April 30, 2015

Girls Weekend '11

Hi all!  I've been checking out the free trial at Big Picture Classes lately and the 5 Ways to Use Gesso class caught my eye. I finally got my hands on some gesso earlier this week and made this layout.

I used the gesso to tone down the pattern on this piece of plaid patterned paper. Once it was dry, I built the layout from there.

I stamped and then fussy cut the word "girl's" and then cut the word "weekend" with my Cricut. I added a few pretty embellishments around the title to draw some attention to it.

The gesso was really easy to stamp and journal on.  I added a few more embellishments here. The embossed chipboard butterfly was covered with Picket Fence Distress Stain, then I rubbed a silver gelato over the raised areas, inked the edges and added some Liquid Pearl accents.

Materials:
Patterned Paper- Chatterbox, Fiskars, Die Cuts With a View
Gesso- Liquitex
Stamps- Stampin Up, KI Memories
Wood Veneer- Studio Calico
Chipboard- International Greetings
Letter Stickers- American Crafts
Inks- Tsukineko, Ranger
Gelato- Faber Castell
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Dew Drops- Robin's Nest
Pen- Sharpie, Provo Craft
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Software- Crafters Edge
Font- Splash

No comments:

Post a Comment