Friday, May 8, 2015

Cards: Thanks and Happy Birthday

Good evening!  I am sharing a couple of cards tonight that I made this week.  First up is a thank you card for my daughters' dance teachers. I was inspired by this sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch:

I used a mask and my Versamark Dazzle ink pad. I used some washi tape to highlight my sentiment. I tried to emboss my sentiment directly onto the card, but the Versamark on my background was attracting the embossing powder, so I had to stamp it on another piece of paper and attach it. I finished it off with some platinum Stickles splatters.

My second card is for my nephew who turns 5 tomorrow. I used the "Boys Will Be Boys" cartridge and my Cricut to cut the bat and ball.  The background is dry embossed. Then I inked everything with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The sentiment was cut using Sure Cuts A Lot and my Cricut.

1 comment:

  1. Fun cards! I love your take on the sketch on the first one -- it's very pretty!
    And your baseball card is great!

    ReplyDelete