Friday, May 22, 2015

Make A Splash

Hi all!  I have a layout to share that I made a while ago.  I started with some Simple Stories "Hello Sunshine and went from there.  I watered down some white acrylic paint and dabbed it on some plastic packaging and then pressed it onto my background where I was planning to put my title.  I did the same in the bottom right corner where I know I would be placing an embellishment cluster. I then spray and splattered some blue Glimmer Mist in those areas.

The sun in the upper left corner was added after much of the page was done.  I had to peel off some of my title and the enamel dots so I could stamp the rays.  To add the shading, I made a mask in the shape of the arc that the rays created and then used Wild Honey Distress ink and inked off the mask onto my background. For the word "Splash" I used DIY Thickers and some American Crafts glitter.  I went with a subtle two tone effect, using two colors of blue glitter.

I didn't have many embellishments that matched the look I was going for, so I made a couple.  I took a round sticker and added it to a button that was larger than it. I finished it off by covering the cloud in Diamond Stickles. I stamped the little girl and colored her in with colored pencils and then fussy cut her. I decided to bring the glitter from my title to this corner of my layout by covering the tube she is floating in with some Glossy Accents and then sprinkling on the same glitter.

Materials:
Patterned Paper, stickers, enamel dots- Simple Stories
Foam Letters, glitter- American Crafts
Journaling card- Echo Park
Tape- Target
Buttons- Fancy Pants Designs, Jesse James Co. 
Twine- Pink Paislee
Stamps- Pink Paislee, Unity Stamps
Ink- Ranger, Clearsnap
Colored Pencils- Chartpak
Spray Ink- Tattered Angels
Paint- Liquitex
Pen- Zig

No comments:

Post a Comment