Friday, June 5, 2015

Mojo Monday #400- Happy Birthday

Hello! I'm back with a couple more cards.  I went on a bit of a card making binge the other day. If you have followed my blog for a few years, you know this is a good thing, because this time of year is card making (and sending) season! There are A LOT of birthdays and anniversaries in our family during the months of June and July.

Up first is a birthday card I made for my sister.  I was inspired by the current sketch at Mojo Monday:

For the background, I wet down a piece of watercolor paper and dabbed some Distress Stain on it. The water made the stains bleed and spread, leaving a dreamy watercolor look. I stamped and heat embossed the flower and then colored it with Distress Inks and Stains and a water brush. I put the flower on the card and felt like it needed a bit more, so I used my Stamping Gear and stamped and heat embossed the leaves.

Here is another card I made while playing with Distress Stains.  I put a few dabs of Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon on my Stamp Press (any slick surface works), sprayed it with water and then drug my piece of watercolor paper through it.  After it was dry, I stamped and heat embossed the cross and sentiment.  I added the tape and then felt like it needed a bit more on the left, so I stamped and heat embossed the brush stroke.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful colors! love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so soft and beautiful! Great cards. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete