Monday, July 27, 2015

Cards- again!

I'm back with a few more cards. Soon I should have some scrapbook pages to share again. 

First up is a couple of cards I made using the current sketch at Stick it Down:


I made a couple of graduation cards. I have recently seen several examples of work using inks and plastic packaging to create backgrounds.  I used watercolor paper for my background and Distress Stains for the ink. I then found some coordinating die cuts and stamped and heat embossed the image and sentiment on them. 

For my second card, I tried a technique that May Flaum demonstrated recently on her blog.  I love how using the watermark ink for the stamping makes a subtle design on the the background. I will definitely be doing this more! A die cut sentiment, some washi tape and sequins finished this card off.

5 comments:

  1. Such very pretty cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty cards. Love your inking! Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Cards. Thanks for playing at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lot of fun making your pretty cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at Stick it Down.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, love the inks that you used. I haven't tried that technique yet, but I do want to give it a go. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete