Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Gymnastics Camp- Custom Patterned Paper

I have a new layout to share tonight. This one went together pretty quickly once I got going. I went back and did one of the Got Talent challenges from earlier this summer. I chose challenge #7 which was to make 2 custom patterned papers.

I started with purple cardstock for the background and used a mask and gesso to create the pattern. In the process I managed to get gesso all over the place and didn't realize it until later when I noticed it dried onto the sweatshirt I was wearing. :( Any tips on getting it to wash out? Anyway, I sprinkled some blue glitter over the wet gesso to add some more color and sparkle. For my other paper, I took a sheet of white cardstock and used a red gelato and a purple metallic marker and created the chevron paper behind my photos. After that, I pulled in some coordinating embellishments from my stash. 


I used the same red gelato to color the letters for my title. and the middle piece of the big chipboard flower. After I had put the washi tape on my page, I decided to pull out some gold paint and add other gold accent to my page. I painted a few pieces and splattered some paint where I was planning to put my title. I wanted some big splatters, and I had tried to use my brush to do it, but I wasn't satisfied with how it looked. So, I pulled out some plastic packaging and went to work "smushing" my wet paint. I love that technique! 

This large photo was sent home with my daughter from camp. To draw attention to my daughter, I found this cute little crown and added it over her head. I finished off the page with enamel dots and shapes and a few sequins.


Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, Michaels
Washi Tape- Pink Fresh Studios
Chipboard- Advantus, Basic Grey, Making Memories
Gesso- Liquitex
Paint- Delta
Gelato- Faber Castell
Pen- Sharpie, EK Success
Glitter- American Crafts
Journal Spot- Maya Road
Enamel dots- Basic Grey, October Afternoon
Stamp- October Afternoon
Ink- Ranger
Liquid Pearls- Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment