Monday, September 7, 2015

Chalk Art- My Scraps and More Sketch #113

Hello! I have a layout to share that came together very quickly this weekend.  It started with this fun sketch by Audrey at My Scraps and More:

I was also inspired by Got Talent Challenge #4 which was to start with a piece of plain cardstock and not use any patterned paper, only ribbon and washi tape for the background. As you can see, the sketch worked well with this challenge. I started by spraying and splattering my cardstock with yellow and pink spray inks. After those were dry, I went to work with some washi tapes. I wanted to add some dimension, so I used some ric rac as well for my background.  I used some stamps and chipboard letters for my title and a variety of embellishments around my page. 

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Tape- October Afternoon, Target, Bella Blvd.
Inks- EK Success, Tattered Angels, Tsukineko
Brad- My Mind's Eye
Epoxy Stickers- October Afternoon, EK Success
Rub On and Stamps- Autumn Leaves
Tin Pin- October Afternoon
Chipboard- KI Memories
Stickers- Cosmo Cricket
Pen- Sharpie, American Crafts
Die Cuts- K and Co.
RicRac- Michaels

4 comments:

  1. I love how you created your title! Such fun borders! The splatters finish it off! Thanks for playing with My SCraps and More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used all the washi tapes, and I like your added embellishment area in the top right. Really fun title, too! I love how you used the inks on the base to bring in the "chalk" feel. So glad you played along with us for the sketch at My Scraps & More sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your title & page!! Thanks for joining us at MSAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you used the washi tape for your background, and those photos are great! All kids love chalk art, don't they. Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More Sketches

    ReplyDelete