Saturday, September 5, 2015

Happy Birthday- Cardabilities #130

Hello all! I am here today with a card I made this week for my niece's 18th birthday.  I was inspired by the current sketch at Cardabilities: 

I was also inspired by Tim Holtz's tag for September. He used some alcohol inks and swirled them on Glossy Cardstock. I had to try the technique. I used blue, green, and purple inks, along with the silver mixative. I feel like the purple and green got a little muddy, so I may stick to two colors next time, but it turned out pretty cool anyway. The rest of the card came together pretty easily. I tore the piece of patterned paper and used purple chalk on the torn edge. I punched the border from another piece of patterned paper. I stamped and heat embossed the flower and sentiment and then cut them out.

3 comments:

  1. Hi..Your card looks fabulous.. love the mixed media.. thanks for joining in with Cardabilities..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Great job on the technique and love how you've incorporated it into our sketch! Awesome job! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Cardabilities! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Good Luck!
    Darlene
    Cardabilities DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete